Important: Keeping customers, team members and communities safe is a top priority. Due to the coronavirus, we are being extremely cautious about technicians visiting homes for installation and service appointments. Self-installation of internet and cable TV equipment is growing in popularity among our customers. Go to our COVID-19 updates page for broader information on Midco’s pandemic response.
We offer self-installation for many Midco services, but sometimes a trained technician is needed to help get you up and running – or to assist with any service issues.1
- If you need to schedule or reschedule a technician visit, please contact us.
- An adult (aged 18+) who is authorized on the account must be present for the duration of in-person and virtual visits where video or phone interaction is needed. Your technician will let you know in advance of virtual visits if an adult must be present.
- If you are unable to be present during your scheduled appointment, please complete this form authorizing your designee to sign for the installation or service call. This form must be provided to the technician.
- Our technicians always wear Midco gear and have a Midco badge, so you can be sure they are one of our team members.
- If a technician calls you, the call will come from 1.800.888.1300. Text messages will come from 64326 or 56909.
- If we’re installing cable lines, we will not place them anywhere they could present a safety hazard. If a temporary, outside cable line is needed, we’ll contact you separately when that line will be buried.
The virtual visit is a contactless appointment to install or repair internet or cable TV services. The tech completes the appointment outside the home and guides customers through what needs to be done inside. Virtual visit availability depends on service and other factors.
- The tech will call on your appointment day when they’ve arrived and dropped off equipment at your front door.
- The tech will complete any necessary outside work to connect services.
- The tech will contact you again to guide you through steps you need to complete inside your home. They may walk you through installation or troubleshooting over the phone – or send you a text message with a link to start a video call to virtually guide you.2
- If a virtual visit doesn’t result in complete installation or resolve service problems, a technician may need to enter a home to complete the work. This will only happen if the technician, their manager and the customer are comfortable with the tech entering a home.1
Techs can get virtual view of what you’re seeing in your home with a video remote assistance tool.
- There’s no need to download anything.
- If a tech sends you a text message with a link, you’ll need to tap the link to begin a video session, so the tech can guide you quickly and safely through the process.
- For safety purposes, we will only conduct and video sessions with adults aged 18 or older.
- The tool uses your smartphone camera and microphone for communication between you and the technician.
- The remote assistance tool helps techs visually confirm all devices are connected, help you program remote controls, troubleshoot issues, answer your questions and more.
Professional, In-Person Visit
During an in-person visit, a professional technician enters your home to install services or complete repair work.1 The tech will call you when they’re on their way to your appointment – and will ask a couple questions to make sure your home is healthy to enter.
In-person visits are required in some cases. Here are a few examples. Contact us if you have questions.
- Fixed wireless internet and home phone services
- Certain equipment types and service issues
- First-time service to a home (such as new construction or first-time services to a neighborhood)
Our techs always take care to treat your home with respect. They wear booties on their shoes to avoid tracking in dirt and clean up any messes they make.
Whether you’re installing new or additional services, you’re moving to a new place, or needing a tech’s help with a service issues, here are some things you can do before your virtual or in-person appointment.
Please be sure your smartphone is charged before your appointment – in case we need to communicate with you for a virtual visit.
Also, you should have at least one device per Midco service ready in advance. For example:
- TV services: Make sure your TV is ready to go.
- Internet services: Make sure you have devices charged and handy.
- Phone services: Make sure your landline phone battery is charged.
- The area around cable, power and networking outlets should be clear for about three feet, so they’re easily accessible to the technician.
- If you’ve requested that we install new cable or networking outlets during the appointment, make sure a licensed electrician has performed any necessary “fishing” of cables through the walls. If cable isn’t available within the walls for an outlet, we won’t be able to complete installation on that particular outlet.
Technicians need yard access to check cables coming into and out of your home. Please make sure all gates and fences are unlocked and home security alarms are turned off. Be sure to secure any pets you have in your yard or home.
Before We're Done: Service Tests
Our key priority is to make sure you’re happy with your services. That includes testing a few things before the visit wraps up. In a virtual visit, a technician visiting with you over the phone may ask for your help with these.
To ensure optimal speeds, it’s important to connect a laptop or computer and perform a speed test. If you have your own modem or wireless router, please make sure it’s available, so we can test the connection to electrical and cable outlets, as well as your computer.
Service coverage requires connectivity to a Midco fixed wireless tower. A professional Midco technician will visit your home to locate the best signal with the intention of performing a full install. However, if we are unable to get a proper signal to your location, there will be no cost or obligation to you. The technician will connect a laptop or computer to ensure you have proper connectivity. If you have your own router, please have it available so we can connect it to your network.
We’ll make sure to complete a cable outlet check on all TVs connected to cable service to ensure a proper connection and a clear picture.
Our technician will connect your phone and make sure there is dial tone. Please have the battery charged on your landline phone in advance of the technician’s visit.
Currently, we’re not installing new Midco home security services, but we are helping current customers who need to move their security system and equipment to a new address.
- Both indoor and outdoor cameras need access to an indoor outlet, so think about where you’d like your cameras placed inside and outside your home.
- If you’re having a deadbolt door lock installed, there must be an existing deadbolt, or the hole must be pre-drilled prior to installation. Our technicians will not drill into the door.
- The technician may drill to install other equipment, such as an outdoor camera.
Services are not available in all areas, and some restrictions apply. For more details and assistance, please contact us.
1 Virtual visit installation fee is $25. Professional, in-person installation fee is $100. There is no charge for service visits (virtual or in-person) and self-installation. If there is an issue with a virtual visit and a technician needs to enter a home to complete work, there is no additional charge to the customer.
2 Standard data rates apply for smartphone if internet isn’t available in the home. If internet is available, techs will encourage customers to connect to Wi-Fi to avoid using cell data.